If you are like us you read conflicting articles every day about the real estate market and where it is headed – if only we had a crystal ball! What we can tell you is that supply is low and demand is high and whilst this continues the Sydney market will remain sort after and no matter what the market, quality properties in good locations always do well!
We also know that first impressions count and normally people decide if they are going to purchase a property in the first few minutes of entering a home. Real Estate agents have seen many homes fail to reach the sellers desired price because of small repairs unattended to or unattractive presentation and you will probably find it may only be a weekend worth of work and yet could assist in selling your home faster or even for more money. So here are some tips that may help you in preparing the house…….or even preparing yourself for the move!
- If you have a pool, ensure it is not only registered but has a compliance certificate. This can take time but once done, you won’t have to worry about it
- Get a full pest and building report for your own records. This will enable you to fix any issues you may not have even been aware of and if not you can use that report to give to potential buyers
- Call the council and ask if there is any development potential for your land, it’s always best to do your own research and given planning rules change constantly it’s good to be on top of it
- Declutter! Not only is this great when selling, it’s fantastic anytime. Start with something small so it’s not overwhelming
- Let there be light, uncover windows, get rid of heavy curtains, natural light is one of the most requested aspects to people choosing a home
- If you have pets, get your carpets cleaned, whilst you maybe used to the smell, buyers aren’t!
- A fresh coat of paint at the entrance to the house and the hallway can make such a difference
- Outside, jobs like weeding garden beds, water blasting the driveway and repairing surface cracks of brickwork or paths can give your home an edge over others on offer – not to mention a spruce of colour in the right place
- Clean your windows, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it earlier
- Ensure all water features are clean and flow well otherwise this may be having a negative impact as stagnant water is not good
- Fix any leaking taps – this signifies money going down the drain
- Clean your stove – this can have a great impact on your finances and you’d be amazed at how many people open the stove when inspecting a house
Even if you’re not selling, starting these jobs will create a beautiful environment and you may even decide to stay and if you want some advice on what you should or shouldn’t do, give is a call as we’d love to pop out and give you our recommendations.
Luckily we have some amazing properties hitting the market in the coming weeks and are so excited to have been chosen to represent our owners. Every property is different and offers something unique however our strategy remains the same – offer excellent value for money and achieve an incredible result for our clients.
We absolutely love what we do, and we are so lucky that our new brand has been embraced by the public, it might be a little quirky, but we love having fun whilst working extremely hard, so thank you for supporting us, reading our blogs, liking our posts and if you’re thinking of one day selling, just get us out for a chat, no pressure from us, just our honest opinion.
So what does this mean for you? It means a breath if fresh air in the real estate market, just ask some of our vendors……….
“Liz and Justin are a breath of fresh air in the somewhat frenzied Sydney real estate market. From the outset, we liked their down to earth approach and genuinely friendly manner. They handled the sale of our home with professionalism and thoroughness to detail, borne out of years of industry experience, and achieved a great result for us on the day of our auction. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Liz, Justin and the team at WigginsKeenan to anyone considering selling their home.” Sarah and Anthony Robinson
“Liz, Justin and the team at WigginsKeenan did a fantastic job selling our unit recently. They were honest, transparent and fully committed in achieving the best results possible for us. Liz made the whole process hassle-free for us and kept us informed. Her knowledge of the market, great personality and her brilliant negotiation skills made it possible to sell our unit in under a week and also achieving a complex record! We also found it reassuring to deal directly with Liz at every stage. We normally don’t make the effort writing reviews but Liz has been a pleasure to deal with and we have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in recommending her!” Delip Devendra
You can read more at our testimonials page which is actually run by a third party entity, rate my agent.