19 Goodwin Street, West Ryde, NSW
Charming full brick north to rear family home only a short walk to rail and shops
A premium position on the high side of a quiet street affords this full brick family home c1920 with a perfect north to rear aspect over 676sqm. Filled with character and charm, this home is offered to the market for the first time in over 70 years and provides immediate family comfort, yet wonderful potential for future enhancements.
– Ornate ceilings, lead-light windows and timber floors
– Ideal North facing backyard, approximately 676sqm
– Recently renovated gas kitchen opening to dining area
– High ceilings, gas heating, spilt system air conditioning
– Two large bedrooms with lead-lights plus study/3rd bedroom
– Child friendly rear yard with potential for extension (STCA)
– Oversized lock up garage and workshop plus double carport
– Walk to West Ryde station, shops, restaurants and local schools
Fast Facts about West Ryde
- Distance to CBD: 15 km (9 mi) north-west of Sydney CBD
- Railway Station: Yes
- Number of Schools: 3
- Population: 11,867
Just 16km North West of Sydney CBD, West Ryde is nestled snugly between the Lane Cove and Parramatta rivers. Originally called Wallumetta by the traditional owners, the Wallumedegal or Wallumede people, West Ryde only became its own entity, breaking away from Ryde, in 1945 due to growth of the settlement. The West Ryde shopping centre was redeveloped in 1950 and in 3 years the growth was exponential with the addition of 40 new shops, 6 banks, 2 restaurants, a service station and a post office.
Transport is a piece of cake with trains, buses and ferries only steps away. And due to the overwhelmingly safe nature of West Ryde, walking is a favourite pastime of many residents in the local area. The park makes for a perfect early morning jog and there are numerous cycleways allowing access to all areas for the health nut.
People are now moving away from as many freestanding homes and looking to apartment style living and townhouses. Despite this West Ryde is still known as being a leafy and green suburb, and one where the neighbourly spirit is strong.